Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button and you will automatically be alerted of the latest events in our community.
The Empire State Aerosciences Museum is a one-of-a-kind cultural resource located at Schenectady County Airport in the Town of Glenville, NY, at the site of the former General Electric Flight Test Center. Dedicated to interpreting aviation, particularly as related to New York State, the Museum offers visitors a variety of enjoyable and educational experiences, including interpretive exhibits, a spectacular collection of restored aircraft, the state's largest aviation library, as well as education programs.
Exhibits at ESAM present aviation history from the pioneer era to the jet age, with a focus on New York State -- plus interactive displays, including:
- Dioramas and models depicting the evolution of aviation
- A replica World War I Nieuport 17 and aerodrome exhibit
- Hot Air Balloon exhibit
- An original 1896 Chanute Glider
- Women aviators exhibit and a replica of Amelia Earhart's Lockheed Electra
- An original 1910 Curtiss Pusher
- 1922 DePishoff French "Flying Motorcycle" (replica)
- Award winning 1/2 scale Curtiss JN-4 Jenny
- 32' model of the Akagi, a Japanese aircraft carrier used in the film "Tora, Tora, Tora"
- An exhibit of the USAF 109th Airlift Wing, including Antarctic climate research
- A spectacular inter-active exhibit of lunar rover
- An inter-active exhibit interpreting General Electric’s former Malta Rocket Test Center
An Air Park featuring twenty restored military aircraft including an F-14 Tomcat, an F-5 Tiger aggressor fighter used in the movie Top Gun, an A-6 Intruder, three Soviet MiG fighters, a UH-1 Huey helicopter and much. much more!