The Town of Bethlehem is seeking an entry-level candidate to work in the Town’s Highway Department. Primary duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Perform a wide variety of manual tasks related to highway construction and maintenance including but not limited to: resurfacing and reconstructing roads, patching, hauling stone, milling assistance, etc.
- Cut brush and mow along roadways. Collect road debris such as branches and leaves from roadsides.
- Assist snowplow and truck operators by performing duties of a wingperson.
- Perform duties of transfer station or compost facility attendant.
- Act as a flagperson on a worksite, directing traffic safely through the work zone.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance duties at Town facilities.
- Clear streams and remove debris from drainage pipes, ditches, etc. Repair and maintain catch basins and drainage facilities.
- Wash and clean trucks and equipment.
- Perform grounds maintenance work such as landscaping, mowing and trimming lawns, lawn repair, chipping brush with chipper, trimming trees with chain saw, and removing trees.
- Plow, shovel and clear snow and ice from crosswalks, culverts, parking lots and driveways at the Towns properties.
- Pick up yard waste and brush.
- Perform leaf pickup with vacuum-type collection machine.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors which may include trash removal, sidewalk sweeping, herbicide dunks, erecting snow fences, operating small machinery, maintenance of signs, etc.
Town benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental insurance, and New York State Retirement Programs.
Please send resume, completed employment application, and cover letter by April 3, 2023 to:
Mary Tremblay-Glassman, Human Resources, Town of Bethlehem, 445 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, New York 12054.