The Town of Bethlehem Management of Information Services (IT) Department is seeking candidates for the position of Help Desk Technician. Primary duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Receives requests for support services from the MIS Department
- Reviews and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users
- Logs requests for technical support into a computer and forwards requests as necessary
- Troubleshooting of routine and standard personal computer, scanner or printer problems and provides prescribed technical assistance if applicable
- Answers phones and directs calls
- Installs personal computers and peripheral equipment as necessary
- Installs/Re-installs personal computer operation systems as necessary
- Setup personal computer operating systems, third party software, and data/Internet/Intranet access for user specific needs
- Acts as a liaison between the department and the vendor/manufacturer of the third party software in cases of vendor required support
- Assists in maintaining the network infrastructure
- Backs up programs and data according to established schedules
- Troubleshoots connectivity and functionality problems
- Participates in maintaining security
- Maintain support documentation, files, and records.
Minimum Experience and Training: (Either)
- Graduation from a New York State or regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in management information systems, computer science, information resources management, information technology, or a closely related field, OR
- Graduation from a New York State or regionally accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in management information systems, computer science, information resources management, information technology, or a closely related field and six (6) months full-time paid experience as a computer technician, OR
- Graduation from high school, or possession of a high school equivalency diploma, and one (1) year full-time paid experience as a computer technician.
Town benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental insurance, and New York State Retirement.
Please send resume, completed employment application, and cover letter by June 13, 2023 to: Mary Tremblay-Glassman, Human Resources, Town of Bethlehem, 445 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, New York 12054.