The Town of Bethlehem Police Department is seeking candidates for a Telecommunicator. We are specifically looking for a person who is currently a Telecommunicator with Albany County Civil Service competitive status and has at least one (1) year of experience in this position. This job involves responsibility for receiving all emergency calls made to the Town and for dispatching the personnel and equipment in accordance with the location and nature of the situation. Primary duties include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Receives 911 Emergency and non-emergency calls for service;
- Obtains, records and disseminates information;
- Dispatches police, fire and emergency medical personnel and equipment by means of multi-frequency radio systems;
- Establishes and maintains records as required relating to all aspects of the communication operation;
- Operates two-way radio equipment and related communications equipment;
- Performs related clerical work;
- Successful completion of a background investigation;
- Available to work shift work (days, evenings, overnights), weekends, holidays, etc., including mandatory overtime;
The starting salary for this position is $47,835.
Town benefits include paid vacation, holidays, sick time, medical and dental insurance, and New York State Retirement.
Please send resume, completed employment application, and cover letter by June 16, 2023 to:
Mary Tremblay-Glassman, Human Resources, Town of Bethlehem, 445 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, New York 12054.