Transfer Station Permits

Residential permits (yellow sticker on rear view mirror) are available at the:


Bring your vehicle registration and proof of town residency.  Proof of residency includes either your valid driver's license or a current utility / tax bill if your driver’s license doesn’t have your current address. Both the transfer station and compost permits are good for the lifetime of your vehicle. Only one permit is needed for town residents to utilize the transfer station and/or the compost facility. The permit is free of charge.

Temporary Permits

If you are a Bethlehem resident and renting or using a vehicle besides your own, you can get a temporary permit at the Town of Bethlehem Highway Department. You will need to bring your proof of residency, along with year, make, model, and license plate number of the borrowed vehicle. The temporary permit is free of charge and is valid for two weeks.

Non-Residential / Commercial Permits

Town businesses need to obtain a commercial permit to use the transfer station. Out of town contractors are permitted to use the transfer station if they are working in Bethlehem, but must obtain a permit for their work location. The compost facility has a fee schedule for residential, non-residential, and business customers.

All commercial permits must be obtained at the Highway Garage at 74 Elm Avenue East, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.