Hello, thank you for reaching out to the Town of Bethlehem Justice Court located at 447 Delaware Avenue Delmar, NY 12054. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Please note, at this time all court sessions have been postponed until further notice. Once the court is allowed, we will send notice for next appearance dates. If you have a new address or contact information, please submit this information to the court in writing so we may update our records.
Of importance are the following:
1. Courts will be following State issued guidelines to address the current health pandemic once sessions are allowed to resume.
2. Social distancing will apply. Seating and courtroom capacity have been reduced to allow for same.
3. Face masks or coverings will be required for admittance into the courtroom.
4. Hand sanitizer is readily available, and the courtroom will be cleaned/wiped down in between appearances.
5. If you have concerns over appearing in person, please reach out to your attorney and we can discuss potential options including but not limited to skype appearances.
6. If you have the public defender or conflict defender, please reach out to their office to set up a conference. Public Defender phone: 518-447-7150 Conflict Defender phone: 518-447-5532.
7. If you have private counsel, you may also wish to contact your attorney to conference your case ahead of appearance.
8. The court will be utilizing a check-in system, when appearing in court please check in at the court window, DO NOT proceed directly to the courtroom. Please note, you may be asked to wait outside for a brief period for your case to be called.
9. If you are ill or displaying any of the known symptoms associated with COVID19 or have had contact with someone who has tested positive, DO NOT come into the court facility. Contact your attorney straight away to advise of your circumstances so they may request an adjournment on your behalf. If you do not have an attorney, reach out to the court directly by phone or email to advise.
Thank you for your patience as we work through the issues that may arise. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us at the email address or phone number listed below.
Bethlehem Town Court