What do I do if my pet is lost?
To report a lost animal, call the Bethlehem Police at 439-9973. The fastest and easiest way to get your pet back to you is to have it licensed (dogs) and/or give it identification via a micro-chip, tag, collar, etc. Please note that dogs seized and impounded by the town are taken to Mohawk Hudson Humane Society located at 3 Oakland Avenue, Menands, NY 12204, 518-434-8128. When searching for a lost animal and after contacting the Bethlehem Police, please also think about how close you live to one (or more) of the town's borders. If you think it is possible your animal wandered into another jurisdiction, contact them as well: Albany, 518-434-5091; Coeymans, 518-756-2059; Guilderland, 518-861-6855; or New Scotland, 518-475-0385.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call if I see a dead animal in the road?
2. What do I do if I suspect someone’s animal is being abused or neglected?
3. What do I do if I encounter injured, orphaned, etc. wildlife?
4. What do I do if my pet is lost?
5. I saw a wild animal near my residence, what do I do?
6. Do my pets really need to be immunized against rabies?
7. What happens to dogs found loose in the town?
8. Where do I go if I want to adopt an animal?